Acrobits Softphone and Groundwire apps
Acrobits has developed two different apps for Android and iOS:
- Acrobits Softphone with basic features. Download
- Acrobits Groundwire with extended features especially suitable for business use. Download
How to set up your Acrobits Softphone and Groundwire for use with Redspot.
The first time you launch the app, it may display an account creation screen. Exit this until you are on the main screen.
- Tap "Keypad" at the bottom.
- Tap the cog wheel on the upper right.
- Select "SIP accounts"
- Tap "+" on the upper right.
- Search for Redspot in the list of VoIP providers and select it.
Enter the following in the fields:
- Username: Your phone no. at Redspot.
- Password: Your password (from the welcome email).
If you use slow connections and experience nicks in the sound, we recommend that you buy the G.729 Codec which requires much less bandwidth and is more insensitive to less good internet connections. The codec is purchased in the App itself.
Note that you will need a headset (not bluetooth) for iPod Touch as it does not have a built-in microphone.
Using Push functionality
Push is great for reducing battery power consumption and makes receiving incommming calls more reliable, but If you use Push the app must store your phone number and password on Acrobit's servers to work. We have no reason to doubt the security of Acrobits servers, but note that you are ultimately responsible for all calls made with your phone number and password.