Cisco ATA-191, SPA-112, Linksys PAP2(T), Sipura SPA-1001, 2000, Vegastream 20 adapter
How to set up your adapter for use with Redspot IP Telephony.
If you have previously used your equipment in connection with another vendor, we recommend that you reset it before following our instructions to remove "leftovers". See how to reset your equipment at the bottom of the page.
- Connect the network cable to the network connector on the adapter and to your internet connection.
- Connect power.
- Connect a phone to the adapter.
- Lift the handset and press **** the adapter speaks to you, press 110#. The adapter responds with its IP address.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same switch and router as the adapter.
- Enter the IP address in the address bar of your browser.
- Cisco: Enter "admin" as username and password, log in and click [Voice].
Linksys and others: Click [Admin Login] and then [Advanced] in the upper right corner.
Enter/select the following under the mentioned menu items. Values in quotation marks ("value") are entered without quotation marks.
- On some very old Sipura and Linksys PAP2, "DNS Server Order" is incorrect by default. Must be "DHCP, manual" if DHCP is used, which is the default.
- [Regional] :
- Hook Flash Timer Min: "0.1"
- Callee On Hook Delay: "30"
- FXS Port Impedance: "600"
- CallerID method: "DTMF (Denmark)" or adjust to the country where you bought your phone.
- RTP Packet Size: "0.015"
- Line enable: "Yes"
- NAT mapping enable: "No"
- NAT Keep Alive Enable: "No"
- SIP Port: "5070". Select "5071" if you are setting up [Line 2].
- Restrict Source IP: "Yes" (not available on all models)
- Xfer When Hangup Conf: "No"
- Proxy: "voice.redspot.dk"
- Register: "Yes"
- Register Expires: If you have a fixed IP address enter "3600". If not or if in doubt then enter "600"
- Use DNS SRV: "Yes"
- DNS SRV Auto Prefix: "Yes"
- Display Name: Your name (must not contain numbers as well as æøå etc.)
- User ID: Your phone number
- Password: Your password (from the welcome email)
- Use Auth ID: "No"
- Dial Plan: "(112|xxxxxx|xxxxxxxx|00x.|*xx*x.|*xx|**x.)" - use copy and paste!
Click [Save settings] to save the settings.
By default, call waiting is on. You will hear the pling if you are talking and someone else is trying to call you. You can switch between the calls by pressing the "R-Key". If you want a busy tone to be given to the other caller, turn off call waiting by changing [User 1] "CW Setting" to "no".
Sound level and quality
You can adjust the volume of your phone by changing the "FXS Port Output Gain" and adjusting the volume of your counterpart by adjusting the "FXS Port Input Gain" - both on the [Regional] tab. An increase of 3 corresponds to a doubling of the volume. Note, however, that too much "FXS Port Input Gain" causes echo at your end and should be avoided.
If others experience that you audio is choppy, you upstream speed is too slow. Complain to your provider and look under "Solutions to typical problems" below.
To get Danish tones etc. correct the following under [Regional]:
- Dial Tone: "[email protected];15(*/0/1)"
- Busy Tone: "[email protected];15(.25/.25/1)"
- Ring Back tone: "[email protected];*(1/4/1)"
- Off Hook Warning Tone: "[email protected];*(.25/.25/1)"
- SIT1 Tone: "[email protected],[email protected],[email protected];20(.33/0/1,.33/0/2,.33/1/3)"
- SIT2 Tone: "[email protected];15(.25/.25/1)
- SIT3 Tone: "[email protected];15(.125/.125/1)
- Ring 1 Cadence: "60(1/4)"
- CWT Frequency: "[email protected]"
And under [SIP]: Response Status Code Handling
- SIT1 RSC: "404, 484, 503"
- SIT3 RSC: "5??"
Resetting the adapter to factory defaults
This will delete the entire setup! Lift the handset of the phone and enter ****73738# listen to the voice message and confirm by pressing 1.